Click to enlarge
The New Era

Twoleg
Click to enlarge
The New Era
Affiliates
Warrior Clan CatsThe New EraThe New EraThe New Era
Latest topics
» A Life Worth Living and Loving (Private)
05/06/17, 11:03 am by Kitty

» Mediterranean Madness (Private; Roo & Smoke)
06/04/17, 05:28 pm by Roo12

» In the Old Clans ~Private: Smoke & Searisha~
29/03/17, 07:32 am by Searisha

» Character Creation Guideline and Forms
09/02/17, 09:45 pm by hollyleaf6610

» ThunderClan Allegiances
09/02/17, 09:29 pm by hollyleaf6610

» Snowfang of Windclan
26/01/17, 03:37 am by Silver

» Hey I'm new (^._.^)_/
22/01/17, 06:25 pm by Roo12

» Hi, I'm new!
01/01/17, 05:59 pm by Searisha

» Starlingpaw of ShadowClan
01/01/17, 09:20 am by Searisha

» Vote for the Missing Clan ~ SWP 2016
14/09/16, 01:23 pm by Strongsoul

The Aptitude Test

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Aptitude Test

Post by *Smoke* on 29/03/14, 07:14 pm

I am nervous as I stare at the white door in front of me. Behind it lies the answer to my life, the answer to what path I should go down. I was born and raised in Valiant, and I hesitate to find out whether I belong there. I care deeply for my faction, but what if that doesn't mean anything? What if the test tells me to leave my family behind and go to a different faction, away from the ones I love?
My little sister would be without a big brother, my mother would have to do all the work on her own. I am only 13, but I have committed myself to my faction already. Valiant, home of the brave, and yet I fear I must leave it. I am committed to it. I was even dared to sneak into the tattoo parlor and give myself some ink. I had been encouraged and congratulated by everyone, even though I should have been punished. This place is home, but sometimes it does not feel that way.
Am I brave, like the Valiant? Or am I intelligent, like the Astute? Perhaps I am kind, such as the Cordial. But what if I am selfless, like the Altruist? And yet I may be honest, and belong with the Veracity. The possibilities begin to weigh on my shoulders as a green light buzzes, signifying that I am supposed to enter the room.
Lifting my shoulders up, staring ahead with false confidence on my face that feels so wrong, I walk into the room. It is slightly orange, with mirrors on one wall.
I take in my appearance. I wore black tight-fitted jeans and a simple medium sleeved black shirt. I wore black tennis shoes and a leather jacket, easily signifying what faction I am in. Many Valiant kids look older than what they actually are, and I am no exception. I am only 13 years old, but I my reflection I see a 15 or even 16 year old boy.
At the sound of someone clearing their throat, my attention snaps to a small woman standing besides a chair a dentist might use. She wears Altruist grey clothing, her hair up in a simple bun like most females from her faction do. She gives me a polite smile, as if to apologize for interrupting. She would be pretty, if she didn't wear such plain things. She looks to be in about her mid-twenties, so this is one of her first times doing this. You need to have completed school and gone through an extra year of training in order to administrate the Aptitude Test.
"Hello, you must be Derek White," She says, her voice tense as all Stiff's are. My jaw slightly tightens as I walk over to her, giving my hand out for a handshake. She takes it and gives me a more relaxed smile, telling me her name was Karen.
She tells me to sit on the chair and to take my leather jacket off. She would have to inject the serum in through my shoulder instead of my neck. A few years back, a kid died because the needle had gone through his neck, and no one wanted a repeat of that. She takes my jacket, putting it on a coat rack next to the door I had just entered through. She gives a small jump when she turns around and sees my quote tattoo, but apologizes to me quickly and gets the serum ready.
Before injecting it, she looks at me and says, "Don't be nervous, you'll do great." She was right. I shouldn't be nervous. But if I'm not, I'll be terrified. I give a quiet thank-you, resting my head back on the small pillow attached to the seat.
I feel a slight pain in my right shoulder and then nothing else. When I open my eyes, I am no longer in the orange Aptitude room. Rather, I am in a mirrored hallway. The floor is the same as the room I had just been in, but otherwise it was just reflections.
I stand up and walk over to the mirror on my left. I know this is a simulation, but why? My eyes narrow and my eyebrows furrow, trying to come up with different possibilities. But before I am fully able to come up with a reason, a table pops up behind me. A voice comes into the room, as if on a speaker.
"Pick one." As soon as it says this in a female's voice that I do not recognize, two different baskets appear on the table. Inside of one is a type of blade, similar to a knife, and in the other is cheese. I look incredulously look at my options.
"Now please." The voice sounds almost irritated, annoyed in a way. I think for a moment, before darting my hands to both objects. I manage to grab both the cheese and the knife before the table disappears. "Drop one," The voice says.
"Why?" I challenge it. "Because it is a part of the test," It answers. Well, you can't exactly argue with that, but still. Why one?
I choose to drop both, in hopes of agitating the voice. The only response I get is a groan, making me give a small smile at my small rebellion. My face snaps to stoic as I hear growling behind me. I look down, and find neither of the options I had just had in my hands anywhere around me. So instead I look up at the reflection in front of me, and find a snarling dog. All of my reflections have the same dog, starting to circle around it.
Oh no, what do I know about dogs? What do I even know about animals? That can pertain to the same thing right? Because dogs are animals, right? I choose to go with this, trying to think of predators in the wild. They think that eye-contact is a challenge, and standing straight means that as well.
I give a small glance at the dog's eyes and it snarls. That gave me a definite answer. I turn around and slowly drop to my knees. I close my eyes, almost anticipating for the dog to attack. But instead of feeling pain, I feel nothing. I only hear a faint whimpering sound.
I dare to open my eyes, seeing the fore-mentioned dog looking at me with kind eyes and panting with its tongue out. I give a small smile. I must have passed that part, if the dog was acting like this. I reach out a hand and the dog sniffs the one I had been holding the cheese in. That must have been what it was for, to calm the dog. And the knife must have been to kill it. It almost hurt my mind to think about killing such a thing.
I hear a  yell of 'Doggy!' behind me and glance around my shoulder to see a little boy there, with a friendly expression on his face which was lit up with excitement. I smile and look back at the dog, only to find it snarling once again. The boy takes a small step back, tripping on his own feet. I begin to panic, realizing the dog is starting to run at the child. I hurry and get up, running after it.
"RUN!" I yell at the boy as he struggles to get away. I tackle the dog and instead of feeling anything hard, I melt through the floor with the dog. I am suddenly getting on a subway train, often used by the Astute used because they were smart enough to operate the underground travel systems. Catching my balance, I walk casually onto the train. This has to be the next part of the simulation, if I didn't wake up.
Offering my seat to an elderly woman who was standing, I grab a pole by a Veracity man, dressed in their typical colors of black and white. He is reading a news paper, which only Veracity really do. It doesn't surprise me when he looks up at me.
But what does surprise me is that he turns the newspaper around, showing me a picture of a man. The headline above his picture says 'WANTED CRIMINAL'.
"Do you know this man?" The man asks, pointing to the picture. I feel as if I do, as if there's a tugging at my mind to recognize him. "I believe so yes, but I do not think I know him personally," I say, not wanting a law enforcement official to overhear me. The man suddenly grabs my shirt. "Please, tell me where he is, it could save my life," He pleads. I know where he is, he is in the Valiant headquarters. I shake my head, starting to back away. "I wish I could tell you sir, but it would save you for me to not tell you," I said logically.  It made sense to not tell him, though I badly wanted to. It was the right thing to do, but I must help him in the way I believe is best.
Out of anger, the man screams and pushes me at the subway doors, which give away under my weight. As I fall out, my breath hitches in my throat.
I sit up, panting as I looked around myself. I was in the orange Aptitude room. How? Oh, yeah, right. That was the test. It felt real for a moment.
I feel a hand on my chest, trying to soothe me into sitting back. I feel as though I am going to be sick.
I look at the woman -Karen- who is staring at me strangely. "We need to get you out of here," She says, suddenly pulling me away from the chair. She drags me to a back door that I had not noticed the room had.
I jerk my arm out of her grip, staring at her. "Wait, what did the test say?"
"The test didn't work," She replied, anger hinting at her voice. I freeze, never having heard a Stiff ever sound even a bit angry. She sighs, rubbing her hand on her head.
"You got more than one result." This news makes my eyes widen. How was that possible? It shouldn't be!  How am I supposed to know what to choose? The favorite one that I got?
"What were my results?" I press Karen into telling me. "Valiant. And Astute. And Cordial, and Altruist, and Veracity. I'm sorry Derek, but you're Divergent," She says, sadness in her eyes. My heart begins to pound as I look at the petite woman in front of me. But the government is hunting Divergents, they can cause chaos! And the fact that I, the average Joe, got ALL 5 factions as my result, means I am dangerous. I am dangerous, and I can hurt people.
"I've put in your results manually, and it says you received Valiant results. But don't choose Valiant. They will find out what you are and they will kill you and your family." Those last two words sent a chill through my body. What did I want to do? Abandon my family or kill them? I couldn't do the latter, so that meant I was stuck. What am I going to choose at the ceremony tomorrow?

Location : CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE :)

View user profile http://newerarp.forumotion.com/u31

Back to top Go down

Re: The Aptitude Test

Post by Moonsong on 29/03/14, 11:36 pm

I pace back and forth across the room, my heart pounds and my heart races. I feel very hot and sweaty, either it's because my blue clothes are attracting heat, or I'm just very nervous. I really hope to get out of Erudite, I don't care WHAT my parents say, I just want to get out of this greedy little faction. I tell you, Erudite is so ambitious! I'd rather be factionless then become a full privileged member of Erduite! I wipe the sweaty palms of my hands across my navy blue dress. They call my big sister, Emily, up. I could tell she's very nervous as she also wipes her sweaty hands across her bright blue jeans.

About half and hour later, I'm called into a room, " Elizabeth Stevenson ". I walk into a small room with a metal chair with a bunch of wires and a blonde-haired woman with a cheery, welcoming smile wearing a scarlet red dress and dandelion yellow sneakers. I could tell at first sight that she belongs to Amity. " Please sit down in this chair and relax. Once I inject this serum you will fall asleep and start your aptitude test in your brain... " She blabbers on but I don't really listen to her. I'm too scared to even think about it. What will I get? What if I'm faction less? What if something goes wrong? Questions race through my mind as she injects an orange serum through my neck and the last thing a see is the Amity woman.
Moonsong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonsong on 29/03/14, 11:37 pm

// When it says my 'heart pounds and my heart races ' I meant to say ' my heart pounds and my mind races '.
Moonsong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonsong on 29/03/14, 11:43 pm

I walk in this room and before me stands a basket with cheese and a 6 inch throwing knife. I hear a voice similar to the Amity woman who's giving me the test that doesn't seem throughout the room but in my head, loud and clear, " Choose. " From the word I walk towards the table and look at the cheese first on my left, then at the sharpened, silver throwing knife at my right. " Maybe I should take the knife, just for safety... " I mutter as a I grab the knife. The cheese, basket and table slowly together fade away. I hear a growl and my face turns pale and the knife feels slippery in my hand. I turn around and before me stands a vicious, menacing, doberman. He was like twice the size of me and when he bared his teeth, his teeth were razor sharp and stained with blood. He had muscular legs and was drooling with saliva as he stared at me, probably thinking " Oh look a yummy little girl to eat! ". I think fast and throw myself at the doberman, stabbing the knife at his heart, or close, tears in my eyes in fear. " Just a test Lizzy, just a yes, not real... " I think over and over.
Moonsong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonsong on 29/03/14, 11:46 pm

Soon after a bunch of other obstacles, I wake up opening my eyes to see the Amity woman walking towards me. " You have done well on the aptitude test. Your faction is Dauntless. You may leave now. " She doesn't have the same cheery face as she did before but I just shrug and walk out the door.
Moonsong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonsong on 29/03/14, 11:50 pm

I shuffle in my blue flats toward Emily and sit down next to her. She puts her arm around me and I rest my head on her shoulder, looking up at her briefly as she stares at me, her face pale and worried. I hope she tells me later what she got. Because by her face she looks pretty worried. What if MY sister, the most honest, most kindest person in the world became faction less?! My heat pounds and hands start to get sweaty again. I look at her, my eyes round and wide in fear, the two words clinging to me..... what if?
Moonsong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonsong on 29/03/14, 11:56 pm

My sister and I walk bcd to our house in the Erudite compound, as we hold our hands firmly together not saying a word to each other as a breeze ruffles my long, wavy hair. She suddenly breaks the silence and asks me quietly, " What faction result did you get? ". I answer briefly in a quiet tone as if someone's behind us, " Dauntless." My sister looks down and says, " Liz I got Abnegation. " She looks red and the blood rushes through her face and ears. I could tell she's lying. " I know your lying Emi. What did you seriously get? " I give her a cold star and Emily sighs. She says it so quietly, so close to my hear, it seems like a breath more than a few words. " Liz, don't tell anybody this. It is very dangerous and I'm not supposed to tell anyone but I'm Divergent. "
Moonsong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonsong on 30/03/14, 12:02 am

I clutch her hand hard and mutter, even though it may seem wrong, " What's... Divergent?" She leans close to my ear and mutters, " It means you have all the traits in you. Dauntless, Amity, Abnegation, Erudite, and Candor. You think more differently than other people in other factions, it means.... " she gulps and says it quieter than a breeze " I'm not normal. " She says it in a way that makes the hairs along my back stand up, giving me goosebumps across my arm. Those three words, " I'm not normal. " seems so dangerous, so.. so.. peculiar and curious. That's just what the Erudite want to get. The people who don't fit in. I stop in my tracks and she stops too. Tears well up in my eyes and all I can see is a blur with the salty water blurring up my vision. I don't wipe the tears up. I don't say a word. I just hug my sister and weep silently, scared of what's going to happen. After a few minutes, I wipe my tears and walk into our house.
Moonsong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonsong on 30/03/14, 12:12 am

We walk in our partially stone and brick house, probably the last time I'll look at my house. Our house is full of books, probably the first thing you'll except in a Erudite house. Tons and tons of books. Our Father, formally to our non family Marco, welcomes us with a bright smile. He hugs us both and I smell the scent of freshly baked bread right out of the oven and the smell of linguini shrimp and pasta. Emi and my favorite dish, well next to sushi. " How was your tests girls? " my father asks. I always thought my parents would be perfect in amity, for they both are always so cheerful, yet so smart too! They're nothing compared to most of the adults in Erudite, grumpy, mean, ambitious, and plain old selfish! Well, those are just rumors I heard from other faction from my school.
Moonsong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonsong on 30/03/14, 12:36 am

My sister and I just nod our head and pull chairs at the dinner table. The table is already set and my two little sisters, Evelyn ( we also call her Eve ), and Eleanor ( mostly only Emily calls her Ele ), are already in a chair, sitting next to each other. Even though they're the complete opposite, they love each other the oat and stick with each other at all times. They both are not old enough for the Aptitude Test yet so they were at home the whole day, probably reading books, playing a complicated game like chess, or studying, pretty much what every average Erudite does on their spare time. We all quietly gulp up our meals, while our parents talk about the usual, business and local problems or solutions found. When we all finish, my mother washes the dishes and I walk up to my bed room. My sisters and I all are paired up. Emily and I in one room, and Evelyn and Eleanor in the other. Our parents have a bedroom on the bottom floor. I walk up the stairs with Emily and change into my pajamas and I sit on the bottom bed where my sister sleeps and sits next to her. " So are you ready for tomorrow? " she asks. " Yeah, and I know I definitely want to leave this faction and join the Dauntless. Even though I feel pretty guilty of leaving all of you. " I mutter as I look down at my feet. " It's ok, I decided I want to join Amity. I wish I could visit you though. Tomorrow will be our last day together. " she says with a groan. " I know, I've always felt the closest to you. I felt as if.. " my eyes well up with salty tears and I look at Emily, my voice shaking as I try to speak, " as if I'd never leave you. As if you'll always be their with me... " I start to cry and let everything out. I cry into her legs as I set my head there. She puts her arm on me and massages my shoulder, as if to soothe me. " It'll be all right. Remember that whatever happens between us, I'll love you no matter what. And just because we're far away from each other, doesn't mean our hearts aren't with each other always. " She takes out a golden heart locket from under her pillow and puts it around my neck. I open it up and I see my face on one side and hers on the other. Tears streak down my face and bloodd rushes through my face. " Thank you, but where did you get this? " I ask in curiosity, slightly tilting my head like I usually do when I'm curious. Emily puts her arm gently around my shoulder as I sit up and she hushes me. " I found an old rusted locket on the side walk as we were walking to school one day. I immediately knew what to do with it. So I brought it home after school and put our pictures in here. " I grasp the locket and hug her tightly, but gently. " Thank you. Thank you so much, I don't know what I'll do with out you Emi. " I mutter, but loud enough that she can hear me. " Your welcome. " she replies. I stand up, my back aching for sitting too much, and I walk up the little ladder and get into the baby blue covers of my bed and pull them up, hugging my locket and the teddy bear my sister gave me, wondering if I'll ever see her after tomorrow. Wondering if I'll be fine with out my sister.... the girl who made me brave... the closest one of mine who never let me down and never hated me...... I think about this as I close my eyes and let the world go black in my sleep, awaiting the future moments that shall await me tomorrow, the choosing ceremony. When I will decide to leave the Erudite to go to Dauntless. I have to be brave. I don't need to go to Amity just for my sister, faction before blood. But I'll never forget her...
Moonsong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonsong on 30/03/14, 12:38 am

// Bye I'll continue tomorrow me tired! :3 I also just finished the Divergent book Thursday night so it's all fresh in ma mind! I can't wait to see the movie! XD I'm reading the Insurgent book " One choice will destroy you" OMG that phrase sent shivers down ma spine! It's by far the best book EVER! Wait, lemme rephrase that... best SERIES ever! XD
Moonsong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* on 30/03/14, 10:16 am

Hey Moonsong, I'm afraid this is a private board. This is a part of an entirely different plot so your posts aren't entirely relevant. If you had looked at the board description for the Experiment 6, you would have known. I am not trying to be rude,  but may you please post this on the normal Divergent role-play board? :3
Also, if you wish to join this private plot to post in this board, please PM myself or megarin. There will be a few drawbacks since this plot was designed for only two people, but it will be easy to fit you and your character in :D
And this isn't a special privilege either. Anyone can ask me to make a private board for them so they may have their own private plot with someone, free of other players coming in.
Also, Divergent doesn't mean you have all 5 traits in you. It just means you got two or more results as your faction. I'm sorry to say but a part of the drawback to joining this specific plot is that only 2 characters have all 5 factions as their results, so Emily would not be able to be all 5.
Below are the new names for the factions since this is not Chicago, it is New York (That's why it's experiment 6):
Amity = Cordial
Candor = Veracity
Dauntless = Valiant
Erudite = Astute
Abnegation = Altruist

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonsong on 30/03/14, 10:33 am

Ohhhh! Sorry ok
Moonsong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonsong on 30/03/14, 10:43 am

// I didn't know. I just thought... I mean I read the book thoroughly and all but I thought that, Idk. I guess I just go confused. I have no idea what I was thinking. I guess I forgot about the part where it says there more than one faction. I also probably forgot that it took place in Chicago. WHY AM I SO STUPID! Sorry, I was very tired when I read the book. And sorry for entering this....
Moonsong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonsong on 30/03/14, 10:43 am

// Do you want me to delete everything I sent here?
Moonsong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonsong on 30/03/14, 10:46 am

// And sorry I didn't see it was private! I'll try to make sure not to barge in a role-play ever again.
Moonsong

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by *Smoke* on 30/03/14, 10:55 am

Oh no, no, no, it's fine Moonsong. It was an honest mistake. You are still welcome to join this plot, but I need you to send me a PM first so I can explain everything :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top